1 cup whole milk
2 cup heavy cream
¾ cup White sugar
2 Tbsp Chief Brand black peppercorns, coarsely cracked
1 Tbsp Chief Brand Vanilla Essence
¼ Tsp of Chief Brand Elychee Powder
Dash of Chief Brand Nutmeg
Dash of Chief Brand Cinnamon
Pinch of Chief Brand salt
6 large egg yolks
- Place all the ingredients into a semi-deep sauce pan, with the exception of the egg yolks.
- Put onto a stove on medium heat.
- Allow the all milk, cream and sugar to mix and simmer gently with all the spices, black pepper corns and vanilla essence until bubbles start to break the surface of the mixture.
- This may take approximately 5- 7 Minutes, but do not allow the mixture to boil.
- After remove the pot from the heat and set aside. Place yolks into a medium bowl.
- Take half cup of the hot milk solution and slowly add to the egg yolks whisking vigorously.
- Do not add all the milk at one time, as egg yolks may scramble and cook.
- Continue by adding a cup of hot milk again and whisk. Now add the egg mixture back to original pot of hot milk and whisk. Place pot back onto the stove on medium heat and cook an additional 3 minutes. Strain the milk and egg mixture through a sieve.
- Place this creamy mixture into a clean bowl and chill for six hours until cold. Then add to you ice cream maker and churn according to your manufactures’ instructions or until ice cream is done. Place finished ice cream into a sealed container and place in freezer to firm up. Serve and enjoy.